Do You Need Help Paying for the Following?
You may be eligible for assistance.
Our local CAO Workforce Solutions can potentially assist you with paying for tuition, books, and/or fees for your education at Shawnee State University if you are seeking a degree in one of .
正规体育投注Funds may also be available for dislocated workers, veterans, and students with disabilities. There are also programs in place to provide assistance with food, childcare, and other basic needs while you attend college depending upon your level of need.
Do I qualify for benefits?
Find out by scheduling an appointment with a Community Action Workforce Solutions representative available weekly on campus.
- When? Every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Where? Morris University Center Lobby at CAO Table
- How do I schedule an appointment? Call Counseling Services at (740) 351-3608 or use the . Walk-ins are also welcome.
- Can’t wait? Call CAO Workforce Solutions at (740) 354-7545.
What programs are available?
Ohio Food Assistance Program
- This program, federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), is designed to raise nutritional levels, to expand buying power, and to safeguard the health and well-being of individuals in low-income households in Ohio.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Assistance
This assistance is available to:
- Income eligible adults over the age of 18, who are eligible to work in the U.S. and if applicable, registered for Selective Service.
- Dislocated workers who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.
Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP) TANF and WIOA Youth Programs
- These programs are available for youth aged 14-24 who are deficient in basic literacy skills, homeless, a school drop-out, an ex-offender, low income (in-school youth), a runaway, a foster child, pregnant or a parent, or an English language learner.
- These programs provide employment and training services to eligible, low-income individuals based on a comprehensive assessment of employment and training needs, as well as a basic skills assessment. .